photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, May 18, 2009

Urban Market Recap

So, it's over! Like a wedding you spend months preparing for, the Urban Market has come and gone in a flash. My husband and I are both pretty tired from an exhausting weekend of pre and post market activities, but we had a ton of fun in the process. The Urban Market brought out a great crowd. We even had a line of people waiting to get in at 9:00 am! The flow of people was pretty steady throughout the day and we sold quite a few things. I am thinking about possibly selling some of the things that are left here on the blog.

My favorite thing about the day was seeing several blogger friends who came to say hi and to lend their support, including Courtney of Under a Paper Moon, Sarah of Jeune Marié, Lauren of Material Girls and Joni of Cote de Texas. I also loved the countless people who came by to tell me that they are fans of my blog! I chatted with several of them for quite a while and thought everyone was really sweet. It is still a little surreal to think that people actually read my blog and I am incredibly flattered to have such amazing readers!

A huge thank you to my dear husband, Fabian for his unwavering support and for doing all of the heavy lifting as well as to my awesome booth partner, Carolina of Carolina Eclectic. I had so much fun doing the show with you!




My Ikat Chairs



A Few More Chairs in My Booth

A Pair of Knoll Brno Flat Bar Chairs in My Booth

Carolina's side of the booth was filled with tons of cool accessories, vintage finds, and mid-century furniture.


Carolina's super cool military trunk and feeding troughs are in the foreground; my chairs are in the background.

The biggest downside of having a booth at the Urban Market is the fact that it doesn't really allow you the time to explore the booths the way you would as a shopper. I usually love going into every single booth and normally take lots of pictures. This time around, I was only able to take some pictures of our booth and of a couple of booths on the way to the bathroom.

My Sweet Friend, Sally Wheat's Booth


Our Neighbor's Booth- I think four or five women shared this space. A few of them have booths at Memorial Antiques and Interiors.

18 comments:

bananas. said...

oh i wish i could've gone. i think you should definitely consider selling leftovers on the blog.

bandelle said...

Your booth looked fantastic, Paloma. Congrats to you, Fabian, and Carolina for such a successful day. I really wished I could have made it out there yesterday :(

Kylie
xxx

Anonymous said...

i wish i could've gone..id have a whole lot of chairs right now..

alison giese Interiors said...

Now, I'm REALLY sad I missed it! Joni told me there's 2-3 held a year - do you know the date of the next one?

Unknown said...

I believe the market is usually held in February, May, and November, so we have a while until the next one.

Christina said...

your ikat chairs are gorgeous! i so wished i lived close b/c i definitely would have gone (and probably spent way too much money).

Sarah Ring said...

It was so much fun and great meeting you! Glad you had such a successful sale!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Hope it was a good business day as well. So many pretty things!

Tricia - Avolli

. said...

great pieces!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

paula said...

It all looks fabulous! So wish I lived closer:(

Joi said...

Awesome. I wish I was in Texas for this. You've got some great things.

franki durbin said...

I'm so glad it was a success! You sound proud and relieved at the same time. It's always amazing that people show o read or visit - isn't it? No matter what the numbers show I am amazed on a daily basis when I connect with blogger friends and fans. It makes the life experience so much more enriching!

Jordana said...

Do you know if there is an event like this in the Detroit or Toronto area?

Courtney said...

Paloma, your booth looked great, and I am so glad it was a successful day! It was great to see you and nice to meet Fabian. xo

Anonymous said...

Oh it was so fun and crazy! I'm so glad I got to share the booth w/ you:)

Anonymous said...

where else can your chairs and furniture be found? is the urban market the only place to buy it?

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous,

At this time, I am not selling my wares anywhere else. If you have a question about an item you may be interested in, you can contact me at palomascontreras@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

it is everlasting said...

You have got to tell me what fabric that is on the two white chairs in your first picture! I have seen it a few other places and can't figure out where it is from. You can e-mail me at itiseverlasting@gmail.com

Thanks!!