photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream Home: Peppermint Bliss

You guys may know Bailey, of the blog Peppermint Bliss for her fabulous taste or for hilarious sense of humor. You may have even seen her beautiful Chicago home, aptly named, “Clifford, The Big Red House” in the newest issue of Rue. Regardless of how you know her, chances are, you probably love Bailey as much as I do. Her dream home is a mix of traditional, classic design and a few eccentricities, natch.bailey blog

When it came time to do my dream home post I was at a loss. I have quite an array of diversified dreams and lifestyles I have designed a home in my mind for and choosing just one to declare unto the universe and internet world was daunting. But then I submitted to the unbelievably powerful nesting desire coursing through my preggo veins, and so here is my dream perfect family home.

First of all, it must be white.

And dripping with homey charm.

I love the formal layout of more traditional homes-

Where you walk in the front door and have a proper entry hall.

With a formal living room to one side...

Via Miles Redd

And a dining room to the other.

Via Sara Gilbane

But then in the back I would love a more open kitchen,

Family room situation.

(Tory Burch's has always been a favorite, love those bright colors for les bebes.)

You know, business in the front...

...party in the back.

Basically mine would be the mullet of dream homes.

via The Zhush

And I am completely ok with that.

I would also enjoy several bonus rooms.

Like a man study for The Man.

And a lady study for myself.

I would want our master bedroom to be many things.

Pure.

A calming sleep factory.

Cozy.

Glam

and...of course...sexy.

Rawr.

Our bathroom would be white marbly bliss.

With a tub I could lounge 'till I'm pruney. And would be attached to my gold walk in closet.

Obviamente.

I'd give Pete a closet too, I am very generous like that.

I would also need some rooms for the millions of adorable babies I plan to birth.

First for the petite lady nugget in my tummy right now.

And gentlemen babies as well.

I might even give the babies their own playroom, because, you know. Bailey The Magnanimous.

Then i would like a charming vegetable garden to feed my brood.

A fire pit for pow wows.

And a magical pool oasis for Momma and her Margaritas.

It's good to have dreams. It's important. Oprah told me that when I speak my dreams, so they will be. So look for me, coming soon to the most charming house in a neighborhood near you. If your neighborhood has perfect weather year round because I am O-V-E-R this nonsense, Chicago. Done.

Thank you Paloma for giving me the opportunity to indulge my fantasies. Hope y'all liked it!

10 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Wow! So many beautiful rooms... that mint green dining room is stunning!!

xoxo

The enchanted home said...

Perfection! I love each and every space, especially the white, the baths, that glorious living and dining, those kids bedrooms...all sooo beautiful. Love your take on a dream home...just dreamy!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

absolutely ADORE Bailey the magnanimous! I was really looking forward to this post Paloma, especially;y after seeing her beautiful home!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

loved the post today..particularly the touch of humour..that makes for a lovely personality! loved the gazillion rooms too..but if i had to pick one...it would be the gold walk-in closet..without an iota of doubt! i love this series Paloma! do check out my post on a luxurious holiday today! xx meenal

Karena said...

Wow, so sumptuous!! I can hardly choose a fave. Love the turquoise and yellow and the library!

I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sarah Greenman said...

She has chosen some of my all time fave interior design photos for this post! I love every inch of this dream home!

arre said...

she IS hilarious - and i love her dream home. thanks for the introduction - headed to peppermint bliss now.

Kristin Kerr said...

Love Bailey's style - her real home is as dreamy as these photos!

Jessie @ Tasty Fare, Pretty Wear said...

A mullet for the home? I love it. I wonder if Bailey will let us all move in.

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

I love this home from yesterday and now all these wonderful shots - too many to chose one!! Love all the inspiration. x