photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dream Home: Simply Seleta

Today, the lovely Seleta of Simply Seleta shares her “Dream Home” with us. I always enjoy reading about her beautiful family, so it was nice to see how they influenced the home of her dreams.

blog seleta

When Paloma invited me to join in her dream home series, I was thrilled. Daydreaming is something that comes naturally, so this task was right up my alley. These days a farm house seems dreamy. Lots of green with plenty of space for critters and kids would be the perfect setting for our family of six. Since we recently added a horse to our brood, I would welcome a home with acres and acres of rolling hills. I'm imagining the outside would be something like this... Maybe a pool in the backyard for downtime... Now for the kitchen. Crisp cabinets and direct access to nature would be a must. My dream would be greeting our horse and ponies from this spot throughout the day. I like the vibe here...just give me a whopper of an island instead of a table and you've got a deal. Two sinks for our command center would be perfection. Love the effect of this dining room - I know it's an older image but what I like is the relaxed feel and connection to the outside. I would replace the wooden chairs with upholstered seating in this stripe, a pair of wingbacks in a fun solid linen and a mod light fixture to add some sass. In a perfect world our main rooms would be highly edited and bathed in soft tones. This is a lovely look for a living room. I always drool over this unforgettable Victoria Hagan family room. Although for me to consider it family friendly, I would need a squishy big square ottoman upholstered in a small graphic pattern and a few toys scattered around the floor...without some sort of mess I'd be confused. Kid rooms. Our guys tend to bunk up at night, so I'd make each room big and friendly with plenty of snuggly blankets and fresh splashes of color. For the master bedroom it would be all about pure relaxation. Something about a canopy brings such a sense of peace to my brain after a long day. Our bathroom would be neutral and spacious with big windows and a ball and claw tub. His and her closets? No doubt. Off the master would be a library with floor to ceiling bookshelves and plenty of comfortable seating. I would find a way to incorporate a leopard ottoman in the mix. If I were lucky enough to have an office, it would be detached from the home and just like this. Windsor Smith knows how to even make work look pretty. Paloma, thanks letting me dream a little and visit your blog today. It was fun so to be here!

23 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! This is the kind of home/rooms that really make me dream. It feels like "home". It's warm, comfortable and elegant at the same time. I could see the 5 of us being happy in a "place" like this!

Have a wonderful day!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

Love the whitewashed bricks and mortar

Elsa said...

I love that dining room! I'd love to have a beautiful view like that while dining with friends and family. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I think that Seleta and I must have identical dream homes! I have most of these photos in my "someday" file already. Today I'll definitely be thinking about this beautiful post. Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

Love!

Tifafny @ Savor Home said...

Gorgeous photos! I was daydreaming right there with ya!! Love the idea of the side-by-side sinks in the kitchen.

Ceri said...

Windsor Smith's office is to die for! And I love the pool pic. So inviting...

Diana said...

I had a dream about a home with a kitchen like this...one that has french doors that lead outside and where you can see a beautiful view each day. Since the kitchen is where I spend most of my time...that view would amazing to see everyday!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Very dreamy home- I love it! The gorgeous white kitchen and fun yellow tolix chairs in the office- I'll take it all! :)

Unknown said...

This kitchen is lovely. Kind of reminds me of eating in the back kitchen of a cozy restaurant. :) Like for VIPs only. Still, I could probably use an over sized island to layout all the dishes I'd make.
xoxo
-linh
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Have I told you how much I love this feature? To die for!

And I completely agree that every room is better with a leopard ottoman... Must incorporate into my first apartment!

A.J.Barnes said...

I love this house...but then again I would. Enjoyed seeing all the pics.

www.ajbarnesonline.blogspot.com

pve design said...

What fun to dream! Love Seleta, she is such a spirited gal.
pve

Ângela Varela Cunha said...

Dreamy, beachy, beautiful! Having the ocean as a guest to dinner, it´s a privilege.

Kathysue said...

I think I could move right in!! I love the classic yet casual look to each room absolutely fun and beautiful,Kathysue

Marianne said...

I just adore Seleta and her beautiful blog. This dream home is absolutely perfect. I could be very happy living in each of these spaces!

Soulful Mama said...

Ok, this is my idea of a dream home too! Love every detail.

~ Clare x

A Casa da Vá said...

I love the dream home series! This is fabulous...

Hugs & kisses from Rio!
http://acasadava.blogspot.com

quintessence said...

Absolutely love Seleta's beautiful picks. Since we both have large families and similar taste, I can relate to much of what she has selected. In fact some of these shots are in my files as well!!

Shelly said...

Oh I like this game! But I would have to do like 3 dreams houses...my everyday house, my beach house, and my country house. I guess I dream BIG! haha.

chandelier bargains said...

I ♥ it!!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

That kid's room is really something - a child's dream!

outdoor lighting said...

This is the kind of home I love going home to every night after a days work. I love the chandelier in the kitchen its a little touch of modern to a country home.