photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Hideaway in the Hollywood Hills

{I love the soaring windows and fireplace in the living room. They are perfect for allowing the beautiful Los Angeles light to flood the room.}

Have you all read the March issue of Architectural Digest? It is so good and not just because Patrick Dempsey, aka McDreamy is on the cover. There are several homes in this issue that I really loved and my favorite is the 1950s house in the Hollywood Hills belonging to producer John Goldwyn and his husband, Jeff Klein, who happens to be the proprietor of the legendary Sunset Tower Hotel. The duo worked with Los Angeles interior designer, Madeline Stuart to create a design that pays reverence to the home's storied roots while reflecting the couple's taste and lifestyle. The house was originally designed in 1951 by architect John Elgin Woolf and was one of three cottages on the estate of filmmaker George Cukor. The article goes on to detail the connection between the house and Goldwyn's grandmother. It is a truly fascinating story, so you should definitely pick up the issue to get all of the details. 

{The dining area features a horn inlaid Karl Springer table Goldwyn inherited from his grandmother along with a bronze chandelier from the 1940s.}

{I love the freshness of the kitchen. I know some people are over the subway tile, carrera marble, white cabinet, stainless steel appliance combination that has been so popular in kitchens, but I am not one of them. To me, the look is enduring because it is classic and truly timeless. I am not driven by trends so I am not as concerned about the next hot thing in kitchen design. I like things that are beautiful and I can't imagine ever growing tired of a kitchen like this.}

{The screening room is pure Hollywood Glam. The walls are swathed in suede and feature copper crown molding. Madeline Stuart designed the seating for the room, pairing it with a French bronze cocktail table from the 1970s.}

{I love the master bedroom. It looks so bright and fresh-- exactly the type of place I'd want to start the day. I don't typically love chintz, but I really like the Lee Jofa fabric Stuart selected for the loveseat at the foot of the bed she custom-designed for the couple. It's the perfect pop of color, tying the indoors and outdoors together perfectly.}

{The terrace is what dreams are made of. It is the embodiment of Los Angeles for me-- filled with sunshine, elegant yet relaxed, and completely inspiring.}

What are your thoughts on this house? Do you have a favorite room?


{Images by Roger Davies for Architectural Digest}

4 comments:

Karena said...

Adore the master bedroom, truthfully love it all. The dining table and chairs have me swooning!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

kay said...

leaves me drooling!

Kira said...

Oh my- that terrace has to be my favorite. I also love how the outdoors translate to the living room through those amazing windows! Lovely, Paloma!

Kristen said...

The kitchen is beautiful - I love the french doors!